Wednesday 26 April 2017

Today too busy for clever portraits of Prime Ministers.  Instead it is a quick painting of bannock.  Sticking to painting Canadian themed things - bannock to me is very homey. Most Sunday's after church we would head over to my Granny's for her homemade bannock with delicious homemade jam.  I cooked up this bannock and slapped on some saskatoon jam, snapped a photo and then before eating realized the jam was from 2013.  Yike.


Bannock with Saskatoon Jam
6x8 oil on gesso paper

There are those who argue that Fry Bread is bannock.  To me they are 2 different things but equally delicious in their own way.  Fry bread is like a donut for dessert, bannock is breakfast.  I have included recipes for both so you decide.  The bannock is my great-great grandmother's recipe and the Fry Bread is from some Metis sisters in Saskatchewan who shared it with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.