Friday 10 March 2017

Back to the blog


And so it begins...again.  I have been busy, working since September, teaching outreach art classes in elementary schools for the Art Gallery of St. Albert.  They have tons of great classes for kids and adults, check it out by clicking here.  I have also been working on some paintings and some pottery when I have time.  Below are some of my attempts at both.

Nyhavn
Completed painting 48x20 acrylic on canvas

Small soya sauce pot for your sushi set
 
My pre-fired 'chicken bowl'.  This is a batter bowl, taken from the pages of a ceramic artist magazine, it reminded me of a chicken so I decorated it appropriately
The inside.  Unfortunately, as I am new to this gig, I used a yellow underglaze on red clay.  It looked good enough when it was in the greenware phase, but when I did the final glaze and firing the yellow almost disappeared and the bowl came out a sickly greenish red tinge.  Back to the drawing board!!
Oil painting started from a photo I took on the Skyline trail in Jasper Alberta (below).  Still working on it as I am trying to make it less blah and pop in some bright colours here and there.

In order to update my son's room he chose a graphic of a skier and I made it into a large mural for his wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.